Monday, October 18, 2010

Podcasts

Once again we learn about a practical technology (podcasts) to use in teaching. I love it!

I am reviewing the podcast EdTech35: Flipping Out created by Brian Dvorak at www.edtech101.com. This podcast talks about teaching students 21st century learning skills--not only how to compose by text but to learn with multi-media.

Flipping Out discusses the Flip Video at www.theflip.com. I purchased this camera a few months ago (the basic version) and am using it in my classroom. I did not know about this podcast at that time. If you are considering purchasing video equipment for the classroom, you’ll want to listen to this review on The Flip!

FYI, two years ago when using a similar camera, there was no problem inserting the video into PowerPoint. This year the .avi files would not play correctly when inserted in PowerPoint and I had to use a video conversion program to turn the videos into MPEG1. However, it’s quick and easy to post these videos on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment